MATERIAL HANDLING & DISTRIBUTION SOLUTIONS
QMI provides solutions for a broad range of industries. Within each industry there are key segments that benefit greatly from automation.
- Warehouse and distribution, 3PL, freight forwarders, cargo, and any Legal for Trade (LFT) requirements
- Internet fulfillment, such as vendors using EDI/ASN or direct retailers
- Food and beverage, such as manufacturers, fresh produce pack houses, packaged goods, or distributors
- Electronics, such as wholesale, retail, OEM, or third party fulfillment
- Automotive, such as parts or re-manufacture
- Big box vendors, distributors, or direct to consumer
Any warehouse or distribution center (DC) shipping more than a few hundred orders per day (or tens of thousands) will benefit greatly by migrating from a manual order fulfillment and shipping process to automation of a number of solutions that greatly increase efficiency, labor practices, order accuracy, and ultimately end-user satisfaction.
QMI Services provides many solutions to optimize order fulfillment and direct to consumer operations. Many systems are designed to automatically package a product, scan, label, and ship.
The rise of ecommerce has created a phenomenon in direct to consumer and order fulfillment. Countless startup and mom/pop companies who were once shipping only a handful of packages a day are now shipping hundreds or even thousands of orders every day.
Many 3PLâ€™s are often labor intensive due to risk in contracts and inventory variation concerns. There are many modular types of systems that benefit these environments. There is no â€˜one size fits allâ€™ solution that answers every variation
Several segments within food and beverage require compliance identification, serialization, labeling, and many more processes which may be automated to streamline the operation as a whole.
The packaging industry is vast in scope and solutions needs. QMI Services has particular expertise in delivering systems requiring batch or dynamic labeling, weighing, serialization, or material handling requirements.